Tuesday, July 10, 2012

One Year Round-Up


  52 books in 52 weeks has been one heck of a project.  Overall, I loved it!  I went through 5 science-fiction, 7 English Literature, 7 Fantasy / Horror, 5 American Literature, 5 Contemporary Fiction, 5 Children's Literature, 4 World Literature, 4 Mysteries, 4 Non-Fiction books, 4 Classics and 3 Graphic Novels.  I was able to finish the Harry Potter series, the Game of Thrones series and the rest of Jane Austen's novels.  I was introduced to Agatha Christie and William Faulkner and re-introduced to Charles Dickens, to whom I took more of a liking this time around.  I think my favorite book in this project was To Kill a Mockingbird, it was simply beautiful.  My least favorite? ... not sure, maybe the Game of Thrones series.  

I plan to continue my project, which is why I called this post, Year One.  I might change things up slightly in the future, maybe add more genres or space things out differently but I'll keep updating my thoughts on each book as I finish it.  Thanks for staying with me for an entire year and we'll see where the next one takes us.  It's been a fun ride.

1 comment: