Thursday, July 14, 2011

Book 0: "The Red Wolf Conspiracy" by Robert V.S. Redick

This book wasn't really a part of the project.  I read it as a proof of concept, just to see if I could really read a book in one week.  At 462 pages, I needed to read 66 pages per day.  With just my round trip on the bus to work I was able to do it pretty easily.

I saw this one on the shelf in the library and thought it looked interesting.  And, to my surprise, it was quite good.  It had been a while since I read any fantasy books.  This one had a nice, complex plot, a rich world and lots of great characters.  The only real problem is that it's the first in a trilogy, which means that now I have to add volume 2 (The Rats and the Ruling Sea) and part 3 (The Night of the Swarm) to my reading list.

1 comment:

  1. I love long series. That way, if I like the first one, I have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete